Sunday, June 1, 2008

Retirement

Well...yesterday was my first day of "retirement". How strange it feels. My plan was to sleep in but when I woke up I thought, "I can sleep in any time I want to", so got up at 8:30! Still...it is later than 6:15. Since the sun was out I started the day with a long walk. Then puttered a bit, read a bit, visited with the neighbors, went to a party last night. Today I spent some time working on my "new" budget. I am nervous, calm, a little fearful, happy, all sorts of things. Mostly I think I am anxious to get going on the new adventure but a little stymied about what to do first and a little worried that there won't be enough money to get it done. Trying to take it one step at a time and remember that it will all work out. Sometimes it's hard to do, but then...this is just day two.

No comments: