Friday, May 9, 2008

Reflection

Delicious Friday night. A glass of mellow red wine, a couple chocolate cookies, an intimate, soothing CD filling the cabin. Me…smiling uncontrollably…watching the brass lamp above my head swing as the boat surrenders to a gentle wind…curled under a blanket…devouring a wonderful book. The kind you savor, not wanting want to miss a word of dialog or description. Neighbor Dave was walking the docks earlier. Perfect evening for it. Every so often I pop my head out the hatch and drink in the beauty of the quiet. The moon glinting off my watery backyard. What have I done to deserve this? How totally sensuous and delectable my life has become. Peace. Happiness. Contentment. Love. All mine to enjoy.

1 comment:

Cleat said...

A poet waiting to come out of hibernation. Maybe a book in the works... perhaps a moment to reflect will turn into more than you can imagine!!