Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Amazing!




What an amazing year this is turning out to be! Who would have guessed that, at this late stage, when I am turning s-i-x-t-y and getting ready to retire and sail off into the sunset that I would actually meet the "man of my dreams"? The man I have been searching for, for way too long. I had no expectations before leaving town to spend a week in the Sea of Cortez with Chris. I was very much anticipating getting a first hand look at the place I wanted to go but whether the connection would amount to anything after a week on a small (26') boat was iffy. As it turns out, I have fallen madly in love...and he was "head over heels" with me before I even arrived. I'm amazed at how alike we are and how easy this all is. After corresponding, talking on the phone and a short visit in Feb, this trip has "sealed the deal". Chris' only hurdle is he has to pass inspection with Patty. She & I have been planning to cruise Faith since I purchased her and if she doesn't get along with Chris, he'll be off the boat. I cannot imagine that happening since he is such a kind man and one of the most generous of spirit people I have ever met. Everyone who has met him thus far thinks he is great and I am confident they will get along famously. Especially since they both like to play games and do the same sort of "kid-like" things. At any rate, I am closing on the end of my working life and beginning to think about turning in the resignation letter. It is a bit scary but the future is huge. I cannot wait to get Faith to the "big water" where we will set the sails on a tack and it will be hours before we even think about tacking again. How amazing is that?!

1 comment:

Margie said...

Hi Sandy! This is my first time blogging! I am delighted to fing out that you and Chris found each other. He looks and sounds wonderful, Faith is elegant, and you are so deserving. Congratulations!
Margie