Sunday, February 28, 2010

Why I Do This.


This morning I awoke at 7am. As I looked out the hatch above the bed the boat swung just enough for me to watch as the sun painting the sky pink. After falling asleep last night with the full moon shining through that same hatch I realize how lucky I am to have this life.

We have quite a few guests visiting this year but they are spaced out so we have some alone time in between. As "newlyweds" we really enjoy just hanging out together but we also love sharing this special lifestyle and wonderful country with others.

Everywhere we go I find myself telling people, "This is one of my very favorite places." They all seem to be favorites for different reasons. From the anchorages where we are all alone with the beauty of land, water and sky to the busy marinas in La Cruz and Mazatlan where we touch base with civilization again, to the favorite anchorages where our cruising family gathers for fun, to the passages where we seem to be the only people on earth.

No matter where we are, we love the amazing sunsets and sunrises that seem to be painted just for us.

It truly is a gift to live life one day at a time.