Monday, July 14, 2008

Winch Class


Moving right along. Saturday I was invited to join Pat for a lesson on dismantling, cleaning and re-installing winches. We were both pretty intimidated about the project at the beginning but Fred is an excellent teacher and just took us through it one small step at a time. We did the first winch (actually Pat did most of the work on that one) before lunch and after lunch "the boys" went below to work on fiberglassing, etc while we did the 2nd winch by ourselves. It was so great to accomplish that and we were pretty puffed up by the time we got done. Yesterday I bought the things I need to start working on the winches on m boat. Sunday Mike, Fred, Jack, Pat & I removed one of my shrouds and that will be shipped off to the rigger today to get a new one made. Then I was back to work on sanding the brightwork (teak rails, etc). Chris will be here Wednesday or Thursday and then the work schedule will go way up. Only FIVE more weeks until departure day and still so much left to do!

No comments: