Friday, November 23, 2007

11/23/07

First post. Hmmm. What to say. I am sitting aboard Faith, snuggled down under a blanket, as the heater tries valiantly to keep the chill of the coming winter at bay. There is a full moon tonight. Large and deathly white. Peering in through the hatch. Stark, brilliant chill reflecting off the water. Odd how the mood of the moon can change with the season. The Canada Geese are huddled on the cement dock as if trying to conserve every molecule of warmth...I can sympathize. My mantra these days: onemorewinteronemorewinter..... This time next year, if all goes according to plan, Faith and I will be watching the moon from a warm, Mexican moorage. In the meantime, the cold of Northwest winters slash to the bone and cause one to doubt there will be an end.

1 comment:

Gordon said...

Good start. I know I'm your first comment. You will have many more from your friends. Man it must be cold down there. My Mom has told me how cold it has been. We are a little warmer up here. Good luck with your new blog. It's a great way to comunicate. Just try to keep at it everyday.